Bacalar Chico National Park and Marine Reserve (BCNPMR), designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is located on the northern part of Ambergris Caye in Belize. This newest Belizean reserve encompasses 60 square kilometers of wildlife and marine reserve as well as cenotes, lagoons, wetland, forests, grasslands & interior Mayan temples. It is part of the Belize Barrier Reef Reserve System and can be easily accessed from San Pedro via 90-minute tour-boat ride. BCNPMR is an ideal getaway for adventure seekers and nature enthusiasts as it provides plenty of opportunities for snorkeling, diving, and birding.
- The Balacar Marine Reserve is famous for its snorkeling sites. There are three amazing sites to snorkel including Bacalar Patches, Barracuda Patches, and Mexican Reef. Balacar Patches is a shallow sandy area with some colorful coral patches teeming with marine life. Barracuda Patch features huge coral heads that perch out of the water. Mexican Reef boasts vibrantly colored coral reef and interesting marine creatures.
- During your private boat ride from San Pedro, stop at Cayo Iguanu (bird island) to watch & admire amazing bird species such as roseate spoonbill, reddish-brown egret, great blue herons, white ibis, and other magnificent birds. It’s normal to see crocodiles, dolphins, and even Manatees from aboard your yacht charter depending on where you go.
- The reef lagoon located inside the perimeter of this marine reserve features extensive sea grass beds, patch reefs, spur-and-grove formations, and a double reef crest. This reef lagoon is considered to be the backbone of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System.
- Take your own private yacht charter to Rocky Point of Bacalar Chico Reserve, which is the place where the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef meets the shore. The point is named ‘rocky’ as it boasts a fossilized Pleistocene reef that is exposed at the surface.
- The BCNPMR park encompasses tropical forest and grasslands where you can expect to spot jaguar, puma, and even the endangered species of White-lipped Peccary.
Make the most of your Belize trip by chartering your own fully crewed luxury yacht from Yachts Belize. We will customize your Belize charter itinerary to include all the popular destinations, diving spots as well as a visit to the Bacalar Chico National Park and Marine Reserve. Our experienced staff would love to share the natural beauty, grandeur, and Mayan history of Belize and the surrounding waters with you to make your charter excursion a memorable one. To find out more about Luxury Yachts available for charter in Belize and BCNPMR area, click on the link that is provided here.